GUITAR GODS & GYPSY GIRLS


    The main inspiration for April's "Art & Rock" theme was The Art of Rock book and its owner, my husband Kevin, who has incredibly good taste in music. Over the years he's introduced me to a wonderful world of jazz, classical and of course rock musicians. Music resonates through our home morning through night, and although we often disagree about the volume of what is being played, we rarely disagree about the artist.

    Recently I put Kevin on the spot and demanded his Top Five Guitarists and Top Nine Rock Albums of all time. The answers came back in a nanosecond.

    Guitar Gods:
    Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Eddie Van Halen. (If he could add a sixth it would be Philly's own Greg Davis). For his Rock Album selections, visit this page on my Amazon store.

    Much as I enjoy Kevin's selections I felt we needed some balance of girl singers in our music rotation. Thus my playlist below. Happy listening.

    LISTEN: "Gypsy" (Doreen's Mix) and Kevin's picks.

    Cover art image of Derek & The Domino's Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs via Amazon.comSource URL: http://thesoap-box.blogspot.com/2009/04/guitar-gods-gypsy-girls.html
    Visit The Soap Box for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive