FASHION FROM FOUR to FORTY(ish) to FOREVER

    So, back in September, why did I feature this kooky get-up to kick off a fall fashion discussion? Well, for one, I like how the photo captures the fearlessness we had as kids to wear what made us happy. That fearlessness is easy to lose. As we get older we tend to start worrying about what other people think. And you know what? Most of the time "other people" are just thinking how great you look.

    The other thing I take from that photo is how much my style hasn't changed. Black with shots of color (in the form of a scarf or one bold, over-the-top piece of jewelry) remains the basis of my wardrobe.  Add sunglasses and a fabulous coat (or killer pair of shoes) and I'm good to go. (The knit ski cap--not so much.)  It's a formula that's worked for years and it makes me happy.  It makes me feel good.  Which, to me, is what fashion should be about.Source URL: http://thesoap-box.blogspot.com/2009/10/fashion-from-four-to-fortyish-to.html
    Visit The Soap Box for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive