DECORATING INSPIRATION (Part One)


    Where does the inspiration for decorating a room come from? Once you understand how you live and choose the type of space you want to live in how do you narrow down your selection from the still infinite choices available?

    For me it always begins with color and pattern. In the case of a yet-to-be-realized concept for my own home, the basis of inspiration were the colors and patterns of my extensive china collection (have I confessed to my china addiction yet?).  On my first floor, an open living/dining/kitchen space, my Versace Medusa Red china inspired two palettes. In the "summer" palette, shown above, the bold colors of the china translate into a bold color scheme of cream accented with black, red and gold.

    Photo by Doreen CreedeSource URL: http://thesoap-box.blogspot.com/2009/11/decorating-inspiration-part-one.html
    Visit The Soap Box for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive