HERE'S LOOKING AT YOU, Trina


    This week I had the treat of enjoying the most spectacular book launch I'll likely ever attend ... and which I'll share with you in an upcoming post.  It was held in New York City, and my path from Philadelphia to New York's Penn Station to the event site at Gotham Hall on Broadway led me straight through Macy's Herald Square ... and then somehow meandered up eight flights into the swimsuit department and deposited me right smack in front of the Trina Turk coverup I've been eying online since November. (Funny how Trina and I seem to meet over and over again.) If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you'll know that swimsuit coverups morph into the majority of my summer streetwear.  Turns out they work for spring, too.  This baby rocked with black tights and boots now, and will work equally well with strappy flat sandals when warmer weather comes (if it ever does).  Unlike most of the things I try on, it fit perfect.  And those bright colors and insouciant style create the instant effect of a mini-vacation no matter where you are.  Now, really, given all that, how could I not bring this Casablanca tunic home with me?

    Macy's doesn't offer Trina Turk's Casablanca tunic online, but Nordstrom's does.
    Source URL: http://thesoap-box.blogspot.com/2011/03/here-looking-at-you-trina.html
    Visit The Soap Box for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive